Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A New Year, a New Decade and Where Are You, Ship?

I'm not tired; yet I start teaching really early (for me) tomorrow. I believe it is getting close to the bewitching hour because the cats are hanging around, looking at me with that, "Let's go to bed" stare. I know I have to get up early and therefore I know I cannot sleep - I HATE getting up early.

It is the new year and I haven't gotten in a flap yet, even though a lot of money needs to fill my pockets before Friday. It is such fun being self employed in January...Mastercard called tonight and I will call them back tomorrow after I count my pennies, dollars and such, to tell them that my ship will come in very soon, I am hoping. This is the first time they have called me in many, many years, and it does my heart no good when they are forced to remind me to pay on my account, when I already KNOW that I have to pay on my account.

It's not like I live in a castle or something, it's not like I own a car or anything else on wheels, it's not as if I have a real kitchen with cabinets, etc., it's not as if I have beautiful floors or anything, it's not as if I have gorgeous furniture or anything, but I do have 4 cats and they have to be fed first. And it's not as if I eat lots of food or anything, either, because I have IBS and can't really eat a lot of what other people eat - it's called "food."

But I DO have to get up early and maybe tomorrow my ship will come in to dock in my non-existent private whatever ships or boats call home.

2010 - I am NOT getting into a flap because I need for people to pay me! No no no, I am not getting into a flap about money or the lack thereof. In 2010 my cats will eat and once in awhile I will, too. That's all that matters - oh, and I will continue to teach music to the nicest little and big kids in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment