Friday, January 22, 2010

Not Much of Anything

I didn't feel like green anymore so now I am blue. My little house is blue, my carpet is blue, my slipcovered $90 sectional is blue/straw gingham, my eyes are blue, 3 of my 4 cats have brilliant blue eyes (much more beautiful than mine, for sure), and sometimes my mood is blue. There, reasons enough for a change of template. Besides, I don't know how to make it more unique, so I will just settle for blue/white for awhile.

Not much is happening here at the north pole, other than it rained here last week and I believe it was warmer than in Florida where my sister lives...hahahahaaha! All of my relatives from the Colorado side were in not-so-sunny Florida for a tropical getaway, but I bet they were happy to get back to Colorado, even with the 6 feet of snow that fell in Durango yesterday.

Two days off await me, so time to wash the dishes, ugh ugh ugh ugh hate hate hate hate, and then a trip to the mall for a good book to replace the one about Queen Victoria hunting zombies (picked that one up by mistake) and then off for a fabric fix at Fabricland. If I knew how to post photos which I have yet to take, I would show off the gorgeous quilt-to-be fabric I found there last weekend. Someday.............

Winter is becoming a hateful process - much too long at the north pole, but the days are beginning to get a bit longer now. Oh, I can't wait for 18 hours of daylight during spring and summer, but it is difficult to convey to the cat alarm clocks that just because the sun is up, it doesn't mean that their mom is up!!!!!

Working is taking up most of my waking hours as we prepare for the annual politicking in the Music Festival at the end of April. After boycotting the "games" last year, we will be back in true form, ready and eager to experience less-than-genius-level adjudicators at their worst. I guess that because we live at or near the north pole, we can't afford to fly in adjudicators who actually KNOW what they are talking about. Most of the young adjudicators are no friends of mine either, as my students have won so much at provincials, usually winning over THEIR students, so I feel at times, perhaps, that some of them are just a tad jealous???????

I won't even get into the subject of the previous paragraph.....well, not tonight anyhow, but do I have tales to tell!

End of work week #3 of the new year and all is going really well, other than I broke another molar, got it fixed for about $900 worth the other day and the house is a mess. That new year's resolution about not having dirty dishes piled up EVERYWHERE in that "kitchen" of mine every week....hmmmmmmm....will have to rethink resolution priorities here.

I need to sleep. I'll try again another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment